Modular Building - Buildings for the 21 Century
Modular building creates the opportunity to connect the way we build our houses to the material and structural efficiencies of modern manufacturing.
Factory production of building elements allows for:
- Materials to be used in new ways
- Minimising of wastage
- Much higher quality standards than can be achieved on a building site
- Weather protected work environments that are safer and open to a much wider, diverse and more gender balanced labour force.
While relatively new to the Australian housing market, there are many overseas examples of high quality manufactured building systems as are regularly shown on the English Grand Designs television series.
Modular - not Prefab
The Habitech system is modular, not prefabricated.
What's the difference?
Our modular homes are made of components in a factory (similar to ‘flat-packed’ products) and assembled quickly on-site.Other prefabricated housing models on the Australian market are factory built and craned in on site.
The benefits of modular vs pre-fab
- A high level of flexibility in our sustainable house designs
- Able to be hand lifted into sites with difficult access
- No heavy frames, transport or logistics limitations or costs
- Efficient delivery of our building fabrics in shipping containers if required
- We commonly avoid the need to use steel in our houses - providing cost, complexity and time savings.
- A stronger building form, based on timber construction.
To see the differences between Habitech’s sustainable house designs and other design and building options, click here.