Architectural student role
Habitech is seeking an ambitious architectural student with a passion for creating more sustainable housing solutions and working in a new and dynamic modular design space.
Habitech is a Melbourne based company designing and delivering modern, super strong, fast to build, energy efficient buildings. Utilising it's Australian designed and manufactured modular building fabric components, the company is connecting design to the manufacture of sustainable building components in new ways. Driven by architecture and sustainability, Habitech is presenting a new design and delivery offering to the market.
We are currently seeking an Architectural Student with REVIT skills to work on the documentation of Habitech projects. This is a contract position for a start as soon as possible, for one to two days a week.
The student we are looking for will be highly motivated and willing to learn about sustainable architecture. They will be passionate about our environmental agenda and be willing to discover the Habitech Wall Panel system, an alternative modular construction method.
The person we are looking for is likely to have:
- Good spatial and logical thinking.
- REVIT skills and experience preferred.
- Well developed knowledge of Microsoft Office software, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite programs.
- A proven ability to work under direction on multiple projects, including non-architectural tasks such as marketing.
- Be goal driven and able to manage time effectively, especially when working towards deadlines.
- Be able to follow instruction but also work as part of a dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of communication skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of sustainability issues and an interest in innovation.
- An interest in developing new models of BIM based design and documentation linking directly to manufacture
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated student with an interest in how architectural services can be delivered in new ways to a broader audience. Everyone in the Habitech office has the opportunity to grow and improve in their specific field with all staff encouraged to further their career progression. With Habitech's Friday Office Culture Evenings, you will also be offered the opportunity to discuss your uni work in a friendly and open design critique session.
We are a growing team with a shared commitment to creating a professional and fun work environment. Our staff are motivated by the idea that we can provide excellent results for our clients that have a more sustainable environmental impact. Working in Habitech's light-filled office overlooking the Fitzroy Gardens and St Patrick's Cathedral on the NE corner of the CBD, this role provides the opportunity to join a growing and dynamic company with excellent long-term prospects for career growth and development.
All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence. For further information, email CV & Portfolio to: